Saturday, March 29, 2008

Perry's Cremation


12/13/1993 - 3/28/2008

14 years old

3/27/08 midnight til 3/28/08 morning
Perry's condition took another dramatic turn. His front legs were no longer able to mobilize either. His body rejected fluids intake. He puked violently each time after drank water. Therefore, our family decided to stop giving him water. This is a fact that we had to accept there was no quality of life on this little boy.
Our family were in so much fear, tremble, and nervously anticipating Dr. Young's arrival. We talked to Perry that Dr. Young gonna come to our home to help him feel better. We told him that after seen by Dr. Young, he would feel strong again and be able to run around like before with no pain anymore.
Dr. Young and his assistance Kelly arrived at 6:16 p.m.. They saw Perry's weak body lying on the couch. The procedure started at 6:25 p.m.. Dr. Young had no difficulty to find the vein on his arm. Perry eyes were closed and was very quite. He did not make any sound during the catheter insertion and injection of the first three SQ anesthetic medications. Dr. Young looked into our eyes and informed us before he administrated the last deadly injection. Once the last injection started, Perry screamed repeatedly. We know that lethal injection is not painless. Our nerve system can feel the suffocation from the toxin. It is not different from strangle a life after locked out the person. It was painful like a sharp knife stabbed to our heart when Perry screamed. We kept telling him we were here with him. He was gone after screamed 4 times and had his last 2 breathes after that. Perry departed at 6:28 p.m.. Dr. Young check his heart and confirmed the death at 6:31p.m., and they left at 6:32 p.m.. We held his lifeless body and couldn't stop crying.
Perry was given a bath by his family at 6:40 p.m. ready for the next day cremation. He wore a new PJ, and had his last show dog top knot hair done. He wore a new hair barrette that specially made by Tess for the cremation. He slept in the bedroom for the very last time.
3/29/08 Day of Sorrow and Cremation
We all woke up early to prepare his casket for cremation. He was being carried downstairs from the bedroom to living area so he could sleep on his favorite big pillow. We put 2 family pictures inside his casket. One is underneath the bone shape pillow, and another was placed in the tiny pocket on his PJ. We then arranged the roses around on the edge of the casket.
Perry's body was rested in the casket. He was covered with a blanket with a rose held between his front paws. Our family then said our last goodbye and prayer at around 7:00 a.m.. We left the house before 7:10 a.m., and arrived at the funeral home right on time. The funeral director was very nice. We were allowed to assist in putting his casket to the cremation oven. Our family witnessed the cremation process and when the ashes were removed from the oven to a container.
Our family carried Perry's ashes and left the funeral home before 9:30 a.m.. We are now waiting for the urn and the keepsake jewelry's arrival.
Thank you everyone emails, calls, visits, mental support, and condolences during this difficult time.
Warmest Regards from the deepest of our heart.


Anonymous said...

I only knew Perry for a short time, but he was one of the sweetest and most patient little darlings I've ever met. My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.
-Michele W.

Goma said...

Hi, This is Gomas mom sachie. I just got special birthday gift from Perry... Goma and I are really excited to recieve such a great gift!!! I will take pictures and post it on my blog for sure! Thank you so very much. it is very hard for me to find out Perry has passed...I didnt have much time to know him at all!! Reading your story about Perry made me must have been so so so hard for you and your family. But I could tell Perry was very happy dog to be loved by you!! I felt that he did have such a good and full life sorrounded by love.

My mother used to say don't buy animals because they will die eventually and you will be very very sad.I thought very much about that before I got Goma, but you know what? The sadness we feel when they depart us never outweigh the happiness we feel when we are with them.

Thanks for sharing this special doggy Perry with us!!

Thanks again for the gift!!

Anna and Zuzu's mommy said...

I am here from Goma/Sachie's blog: my heart goes out to you. I lost two kitties within four months of each other only over a year ago and know the pain of losing a loved furry one. Reading this made me cry.

Perry was beautiful and he was LOVED and had a wonderful home. You are very special people to have given him so much love.

Anonymous said...

[url=]turmeric benefits[/url]

Anonymous said...

After having used a $20

straightener just to see if I'd actually use one if I had it, I finally stopped wanting to fry my hair, and decided to upgrade. I picked this one out because of the long titanium plates, and because I'd

heard an alarming amount of bad things about the Chi flat irons. I have been so happy with this straightener. My hair is super straight, smooth, and shiny. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair since

using it. It's glides right through my thick, stubborn, wavy hair. One stroke usually gets it perfect, some extremely stubborn parts take two. It's so easy and fast to use. I've got so much hair (a

hairdresser once called me "Mufasa", if that's any indication), and I'm done in about 15 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I have been using

a Chi straightener for most of my life and I thought it was the best. This past Christmas I bought this straightener for my mom. I used it all month and the difference is amazing. I don't know if it's

because of the titanium plates or the degree to which it heats, but it straightens the hair in one pass through and leaves it SO SHINY. My hair stays straight longer after using this, too. I love it and have

made the switch to babyliss!